Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Laugh at Life~

Assalamua'laikum wbt. & good day,

I feel like to write all the reflections that I had for today as it really makes me grounded upon looking back on things that had happened. It was a mixture of many feeling, from frustrated, angry, funny, relief, nervous, determine and grateful. HAHA

I am still on second day of MC and was advised to go to psychological unit of government hospital today. It was raining cats and dogs and since I had sent an invitation for a syndication meeting to Senior General Manager office, I planned to attend the meeting for a while prior to heading to the hospital. The road that I use to commute daily to and fro office is still under construction for Pan Borneo project but somehow I did not expect that today's rain had led to a quick flash flood in that area.

My heart felt uneasy since the rain portray no sign to stop. I had informed my admin clerk to get the syndication materials ready as I planned to go directly to the meeting's venue. The other side of me convinced me not to go since I am on a valid MC, but the egoist side of me persuade me to proceed to the office since I am the meeting organizer. In spite of that unease feeling, I decided to proceed going to the office and that is where all the one in a million kind of experience begins.

I drove my parent's car, specifically Perodua Kancil since I began my career. As time goes by, I had become more prudent in managing my financial, and after few times of evaluation, that awesome Kancil still serve me very well. 

I saw that the water started to spill over the road but I still had the confident that I will be able to pass through it since I saw many Axias are able to do so. But somehow, in the middle of the road, my car stopped. The engine is unable to be ignited while the water started to enter my car. I am so afraid and burst into tears while calling my usual mechanic. He advised me to turn off the car and just leave for my own safety. The water level keeps increasing and I have to get out from the car using the next door. Somehow, I am a bit lucky as I am wearing a face mask and hence, I trust that no one would recognize me. HAHA :P

I got this from Bintulu Info FB page. Oh Kancil, you did it!
I saw an old uncle keeps looking at me from the side of the road and I ran towards him to explain my condition. My mechanic keeps on calling me to ask exactly where I am, while that uncle is trying to call Bintulu Development Authority (BDA) rescue team. Finally, I do not know who exactly had helped to remove my stranded awesome Kancil, but that car is already in front of the brick factory where I seek for help. A mid-40s man came out from my car telling me "Adik, kereta kamu OK lagi. Masih boleh start." I was blurred that time and the only statement came out from my mouth was, "Boleh tolong bawak ke sini? Saya takut." That man just follow the things I said, passed back the car key to me and leave. And I did not say even a single thank you to anyone who had helped me this morning. :( I hope Allah will ease their life and rewards them with eternal blessings.

After I felt a bit fine, I tried to start the car and thanks God, the engine was magically smooth. My mechanic then called me again to confirm if towing is needed and I told him let me try to test this car inside this brick factory first. But somehow, I only update him on my whereabouts after I reached at car wash station before heading to the hospital.

And thing goes pretty fine, I went to the hospital after my car is clean and I am so grateful that my awesome Kancil is moving smoothly until I reached my home upon complete running my errands. 

Right now, I am smiling and laughing alone when I remembered things that I faced today. Life got too many surprises to offer, and Allah's helps come in many forms. It was like a thriller drama or movie, and I am the main actress who survived at the end of the story. HAHA :D

It reinstate my confidence towards kindness, humanity and the power of believing in instinct. Shall I follow my heart not to proceed heading to the office today, this thing would not happen. But then, having this kind of incident strengthened my belief that we have a lot of kind people around us.

I want to keep this memory here in case I trapped into big problem in future,
I can calmly say that THIS TOO, SHALL PASS!

I am also thankful that the diagnosis today conclude that I am not under depression, but on intermediate level of stress. As a matter of knowledge sharing, I would like to share one fact shared by my psychologist:

"In any situation, try to take a moment of pause in the count of seven. Our brain got two layers, and the first layer is usually animal-dominant kind of thinking. Acting based on this thinking had led many people to regret and sending them to prison. The sensible thinking come from the second layer of our brain which lead us to act in more realistic ways."

To my awesome Kancil, thanks for surviving! You save if not thousands, hundreds of my bucks! Alhamdulillah  :) <3

Till then, have a nice day. Wassalam~

No comments:

Post a Comment