Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Trip to Taiwan (Overview)

Assalamua'laikum wbt & Good Day,

Alhamdulillah, my 2015 went well for almost everything in spite of my biggest mistake whereby I am requesting to have an inter-departmental transfer and it was approved by higher management. However, it was turns out to be a hassle as my current superior is the worst boss that I ever have since I entered the working stage. OK, just ignore this.

I managed to complete my 7th trip in Taiwan after my first trip in 2013; Phuket & Krabi, Thailand. It was followed by Manila, Perth, Western Australia, Bukittinggi and Padang in the following year. And this year, I managed to travel to Ho Chi Minh City, Cappadocia, Istanbul, Kaohsiung and Taipei. It is such an indescribable feeling when I managed to have a first hand experience at different countries that definitely have various cultures and lifestyles.

Night view from our hotel in Kaohsiung.
The Dome of Light, Formosa Boulevard MRT.
I spent 7 days 6 nights in Taiwan whereby the first 3 days was spent in the southern part; Kaohsiung. The following 4th day until I departed back to Kota Kinabalu was well spent in Taipei. I took Air Asia flight for Kota Kinabalu to Taoyuan International Airport and Malaysia Airlines for the returns flight. The cost for this returns flight excluding my flight to Kota Kinabalu is approximately 400 MYR.

Below is the summary of my trip to Taiwan:

1) Upon arrival at Taiwan, we straight away headed to Kaohsiung via High Speed Train and return back to Taipei via normal train.

2) Both cities basically have excellent public transport system and the maps at each station is quite easy to be understood although we may not have any basic understanding in Mandarin as it comes with English subtitle as well.

Dragon and Tiger Pagodas, Lotus Lake, Zuoying 

3) Taiwan is a very clean country and it has a lot of parks with such breathtaking views and it is wheelchair friendly as well.

4) It is quite challenging to communicate with people here as they are not very fluent in English but they are very helpful to assist our queries. A simple drawing on plain paper or google translate may help.

5) The public Wi-Fi is highly reliable. Make sure we sign up as iTaiwan user in order to allow us to utilize this facility.

6) Tips is not a common here.

7) The train is very efficient, effective and on time. Same thing goes to the taxi driver.

Pier-2 Art Center, Kaohsiung

After all, I would highly recommend people who enjoy beautiful and relax scenery to come to Taiwan.

Have a nice day :)

Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment