Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Critical First Year

Assalamua'laikum wbt & Good Day,

Hola peeps!

Another new year. Most of us will definitely have new aims. However, aims will be just aims; if there is no actions come with it.

I am in the midst of reading one of Robert Kiyosaki's books and guess what?

I have learned that between mission, leadership and team, mission is the most important.

Hence, it tells us that whatever it is, mission is the thing that keeps us going. Lets strengthen our personal mission.

Galata Tower, Istanbul, Turkey
After all, I would love to share few things regarding wealth management. How does our sacrifice in the first year upon being hired will definitely strengthen our personal financial state.

Lets me share the way I did it.

I have started my journey as an employee to one of Malaysia's big companies in September 2012. Since then, I never make any financial commitment. I just simply divide my earning based on my previous post regarding the way I demarcated my income. 

Only in August 2013, I started my mortgage. I bought a single storey corner house that cost me extra 80, 000 MYR from the suitable price of house that I shall bought in that particular time. For your information, the safest price of house that we shall buy is equivalent to total of five years of our gross monthly income. 

Bosphorus Strait; a view from Galata Tower.
This strait separates the Asean Turkey from the European Turkey.
During my first year of working, I save almost 20% of my earnings without fail. I will straight away transfer the money to any of my accounts that have hard access to it in the event of I need to withdraw the money. And Alhamdulillah, with the power of accumulations, I can smile after one year. Only after that, I saved less as compared to my first year due to mortgage commitment and I need to set away few percentage of my earning for traveling. By the way, I only start traveling abroad after working for 14 months :)

Basically, our first year of working is critical. We shall try our best to at least to have a saving that is equivalent to three months of our salary. And of course, despite of saving some of our earning, allocation for distribution shall not been jeopardized; as that is one of the sources for barakah.

However, shall we missed doing that during our first year of having a steady income, it is not too late to start now. The most important thing is to have a good discipline and be consistent. 

The view of normal roads in Istanbul, Turkey.
There are more and more financial advisors that are willing to share the best methods to save our money in more interesting ways nowadays :) Just subscribe to anyone of them at Facebook and just consistently follow the ways that we are more comfortable with.

Have a nice day :)

Wassalam.


No comments:

Post a Comment