Sunday, May 12, 2019

Keeping What's Matter

Assalamua’laikum wbt & good day,

Hola! Finally another round of Ramadhan is here and today we are on the 7th day! It feels surreal that two years had passed since my Umrah during the same holy month. I feel so blessed that I can spend both days of my weekend this time at home as I have been traveling for past few weeks for both business and personal trips. The feeling of staying at home peacefully while reading my favourite genre on my comfy bed without looking at the clock as nothing to be rushed for is ultimately a golden moment that hardly found in today’s hustle-bustle.

I am so happy that I had hit my 6th book yesterday in spite the progress of my reading this year is much slower as compared to previous years. However, since my mission for this year is to take things easy and keep asking myself “how worst it can be” whenever my anxiety attack arise, I feel calmer and more relax in overcoming any shortcomings. The sabbatical that I had took few months ago had exposed me to many things and in the end, I realized that I am just too competitive. HAHA :D

Bucharest, Romania.

My addiction towards TED Talks had started again and this year the topic that I always focus on revolved around self-esteem and relationship. I realized that I have a lot of areas that need to be improved on both of these aspects, but at the same time I need to find an ideal balance between leaving those wasting my time and keeping those worth my time. In the end, time is something very important to me and I have no compromise about it. To those who had willingly spare their time all this while for me, I would like to thanks you from the bottom of my heart. <3

Talking about time, I had discovered one significant relationship between time and health. It was during my weight loss journey that had discovered this, and I still keep doing this until today as it has been proven to work very well with me. The time that we spend to exercise or doing any physical activities before we fall sick is very crucial as we will spend more time to heal if we do not spare some of our time to get active before anything happen to our health. As such, it has become my habit to set aside at least 15 minutes a day to do any physical activities including during fasting month. The benefit that I have got the most from this was the frequency of getting flu had significantly reduced and my rationale is getting better.


I also had started to be very interested in de-cluttering. My kind of de-cluttering is not only in term of materials that I hoard, but also in term of people that I keep and social media that I still use. Like it or not, the moment I stop having Twitter in my phone, my life had become so light and I had more free time to think and plan for things that are more significant towards my personal advancement, be it in financial, “real social”, career and health. I would like to thanks Marie Kondo for introducing the mantra of “only keep the things or people that sparks joy in your life”. 

View from Barelang Bridge, Batam, Indonesia.

To those who are about to kick start their de-cluttering journey, I would suggest you take time to observe the followings prior to decide on what to be eliminated:
·      
  • What is your goal? (short, medium, long)
  • What makes you happy?
  • What are the things/ who helps you to achieve your goal?
  • What/ who helps you in making good decision?
  • How long the materials had stagnant without being used? (the longer it stay stagnant, the higher probability it will need to be removed)


Once all the above questions had been consciously answered, you may start your de-cluttering journey. Less is more is definitely correct! By doing this, I have more time and money to spend on things which mostly in term of experiences that makes me feel good and creating long lasting memories! Thank you Allah for this ilham :)

Till then, have a nice day. Wassalam~

No comments:

Post a Comment